Formative Assessment Techniques
In this short video we look at understanding Formative Assessment Techniques.
TRAINYOUCAN Video Blog: www.youcantrain.co.za
See our video online here: http://youtu.be/ab4hbIsOonU
Refers to assessment that takes place during the process of learning and teaching.
Is assessment for making a judgement about achievement. This is carriedout when a learner is ready to be assessed at the end of a programm oflearning.
OBET makes use of formative and summative assessments.
- Formative assessment refers to assessment that takes place during the process of learning and teaching.
- Summative assessment is assessment for making a judgement about achievement. This is carried out when a learner is ready to be assessed at the end of a programme of learning.
Compare the two forms of assessment:
• Designed to support the teaching and learning process
• Assists in the planning future learning
• Diagnoses the learner’s strength and weaknesses
• Provides feedback to the learner on his/her progress
• Helps to make decisions on the readiness of learners to do a summative assessment
• Is developmental in nature
• Credits/certificates are not awarded
• At the end of a learning programme (qualification, unit standard, or part qualification)
• To determine whether the learner is competent or not yet competent
• In knowledge and inputs-based systems, this usually occurs after a specified period of study, e.g. one year
• In OBET, learner-readiness determines when assessments will take place
• Is carried out when the assessor and the learner agree that the learner is ready for assessment
This post was sponsored by www.trainyoucan.co.za